Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Morning: French Toast and Dad's Healthy Breakfast Shakes




I woke up this morning to the smell of freshly baked homemade bread (whole wheat, of course). There is nothing I like better than that heavenly aroma in the kitchen. I felt sort of sick from staying up so late the night before so dad let me have one of his health shakes for breakfast. I am telling you, those shakes are miracle food. Plus they taste amazing. Here is the recipe:
 
Dad's Healthy Breakfast Shakes
1 apple
1 orange
2 bananas
5 strawberries
soymilk
pineapple juice
+ random things like beets, yams, nuts, etc.
*Put all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.

That shake put me in such a good mood that I  decided to make Isaac breakfast. (I know, I know, I am such a nice sister...haha). I needed to make something fast so I made cinnamon vanilla french toast:


Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
3 slices whole wheat bread 
3 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg 
*Whisk everything together (except the bread, silly). Dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook on med-high in a lightly oiled frying pan. Cook until lightly brown on each side. (Tip: if you cover the pan with a lid the french toast will puff up and cook more evenly). Remove french toast from pan.Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...